Built on Steve’s historic love of the beautiful game, the SNF Charity Shield soccer tournament is your chance to be one of 99 players mixing it up with Steve to play the ultimate pick-up day! Our NYC soccer “Commissioners” will create twenty 5-person teams from all registrants, with teams built for parity. Teams will be seeded and placed into four pools — and then the fun begins!
April 28th : 7pm : The Gem Saloon
Where it all starts! You’ll get your team assignment and join forces to choose a captain, a team name, and make your case as the Charity Shield’s best bet! During a live auction, you’ll be on the block, as donors bid to own your team; the owner of the winning team (and its players, if the owner consents) will receive a prize pot announced at the Auction Night (minimum prize: $4,000.00 USD).
April 29th : 9:30am : Sara D. Roosevelt Park, Grand Street (between Chrystie and Forsyth Streets)
You’ll play four 15-minute Pool Play matches, with the top two teams from each pool emerging to face off in single-elimination, 20-minute Shield Round matches. Stick around for the Final, and then head to the Gem for awards, drinks, and a great celebration for a cause well served! The tourney’s MVP also wins the chance of a lifetime: a sub-in at this summer’s 10th annual Steve Nash Foundation Showdown on June 21st in NYC, and the full day-of-Showdown player experience that awaits the pro soccer stars and NBA players you’ll meet.
Note that players must be 21 years of age and older to participate.
For your minimum donation of $100.00, you’ll receive a Charity Shield package that includes access to two evening events at the brand-new Gem Saloon, and a full day of playing soccer in the city, including:
- drinks and fare at the Steve Nash Foundation Charity Shield Auction Night, presented by Gem Saloon, including an open bar for all registered players (bring your friends! It’ll be a great night) on April 28th
- team t-shirt
- team photo with Steve Nash
- minimum of four games played in the Charity Shield tournament
- post-tournament awards ceremony at the Gem, where winners drink free!
- priority registration for next spring's Charity Shield, so you won't be left out when it fills up
- a chance to win tournament MVP, and earn a cameo role in this summer’s 10th Steve Nash Foundation Showdown!
You’ll also receive a tax receipt for your eligible contribution to the Steve Nash Foundation, enabling critical needs intervention services for our littlest MVPs. Learn more at stevenash.org.
The Steve Nash Foundation is a US 501(c)(3) private foundation (EIN 31-1753206) and a registered Canadian charity (BN 848154928 RR0001). Donations to the Foundation are eligible for a tax receipt. Please note that due to the charitable nature of the event, no refunds or rescheduling are permitted.
Thank you for your assist!