This tourney has a twist! We're putting together 20 evenly-matched teams, but YOU get to decide who has the best chance to win it all! Come out to the Gem Saloon on Friday, April 28th, and bid on the team-of-five you want to own during our live auction to showcase the players - your $2,500 donation goes directly to the programs and services we offer for children and families, and serves as an entry bid for the night, granting you guaranteed access to the event -- bid more, donate more, help more! The owner of the winning team (and its players, if the owner allows them to buy in) will receive a prize pot announced at the Auction Night (minimum prize: $4,000.00 USD).
April 28th : 7pm : The Gem Saloon, 27th Street and 3rd Avenue
You'll meet the teams and see them paraded before you, as you select which team you think has what it takes. You'll enjoy drinks and passed foods, a gift bag, and a night you won't forget! You can even give your players the opportunity to "buy in" to the team - the more the merrier!
April 29th : 9:30am : Sara D. Roosevelt Park, Grand Street (between Chrystie and Forsyth Streets)
Come down and watch your team vie for the Charity Shield! You don't have to be present to take the pot, but you'll want to be there for the fun of it all!
For your donation, you’ll receive a Charity Shield Early Bidder Bundle that includes access to two evening events at the Gem Saloon, and a full day watching soccer in the city, including:
- drinks and fare at the Steve Nash Foundation Charity Shield Auction Night, presented by Gem Saloon, including an open bar for all registered players and Early Bidders (bring your friends! It’ll be a great night) on Friday, April 28th
- a priority bid on the team of your choice - if the bidding escalates, you'll have your foot in the door and the option to bid up! All Early Bidders are guaranteed a team!
- team t-shirt
- team photo with Steve Nash
- post-tournament drinks and awards ceremony at the Gem
- an optional hotel room at our host hotel, with discounted rate on Friday, April 28th so you can rise and shine for an early morning on the pitch, cheering on your team
- a chance to have your name etched forever in our Charity Shield shield, and
- a discount code for premiere seating at this summer’s 10th Steve Nash Foundation Showdown!
You’ll also receive a tax receipt for your eligible contribution to the Steve Nash Foundation, enabling critical needs intervention services for our littlest MVPs. Learn more at stevenash.org.
The Steve Nash Foundation is a US 501(c)(3) private foundation (EIN 31-1753206) and a registered Canadian charity (BN 848154928 RR0001). Donations to the Foundation are eligible for a tax receipt. Please note that due to the charitable nature of the event, no refunds or rescheduling are permitted.
Thank you for your assist!