This tourney has a twist! We're putting together 16 evenly-matched teams, but YOU get to decide who has the best chance to win it all! Come out to the Gem Saloon on Friday, April 27th, for an intimate dinner with Steve Nash and other owners, and vie for the team-of-five you want to own at the Charity Shield - where more than one owner wants the team you've selected, we'll go to a live-auction format at the table to see who claims their team - your minimum donation of $2,500/team goes directly to the programs and services we offer for children and families, and serves as an entry bid for the night, granting you guaranteed access to the event and a team you'll own during the tournament -- bid more, donate more, help more! The owner of the winning team will receive a prize pot generously provided by the Gem Saloon and announced at Shield Friday Night (minimum prize: $4,000.00 USD).
Can't be there, but still want in? No problem! Set your maximum bid here, and we'll have our Auction Night team do your bidding for you (or get you on speaker phone with Steve), within your set limits.
DINNER WITH STEVE
April 27th : 5:30pm - 7:30pm : The Gem Saloon, 27th Street and 3rd Avenue
You'll meet Steve over an intimate dinner among other owners, and hear about the teams' standout players, as you select which team you think has what it takes. Then join the party downstairs where you'll meet your team for drinks and passed foods, a team jersey, and a night you won't forget! You can even give your players the opportunity to "buy in" to the team - the more the merrier!
April 28th : 9:30am : NYC location TBA
Come down and watch your team vie for the Charity Shield! You don't have to be present to take the pot, but you'll want to be there for the fun of it all!
For your donation, you’ll receive a Charity Shield Team Owner Bundle that includes access to the Charity Shield Dinner with Steve and Shield Friday Night at the Gem Saloon, and a full day watching soccer in the city, including:
The Charity Shield is made possible through the generous support of...
- one seat at dinner with Steve at the Steve Nash Foundation Charity Shield Friday Night, presented by Gem Saloon, on Friday, April 27th
- a priority bid on the team of your choice - if more than one team owner selects the same team and the bidding escalates around the dinner table, you'll have the option to bid up or select another team - all Team Owners are guaranteed a team!
- team jersey
- team photo with Steve Nash at the field
- post-tournament awards ceremony at the pitch
- an optional hotel room at our host hotel, with discounted rate on Friday, April 27th so you can rise and shine for an early morning on the pitch, cheering on your team
- and a chance to have your name etched forever in our Charity Shield shield!
You’ll also receive a tax receipt for your eligible contribution to the Steve Nash Foundation, enabling critical needs intervention services for our littlest MVPs. Learn more at stevenash.org.
The Steve Nash Foundation is a US 501(c)(3) private foundation (EIN 31-1753206) and a registered Canadian charity (BN 848154928 RR0001). Donations to the Foundation are eligible for a tax receipt. Please note that due to the charitable nature of the event, no refunds or rescheduling are permitted.
Thank you for your assist!